• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen freak outs?

globalninja

Dec 30, 2009
Hello all, This is my first touchscreen phone ever so i am a bit inexperienced with this kind of thing so here goes:

Okay so i have the Unlock pattern activated on my phone and I get these problems where the line goes the completely different direction i swipe my finger. Say i was going to the top left dot, the line would go to the bottom left dot. And sometime this would happen when i try to swipe to a different screen as well. Anyone else having this issue? And also i have 2 dead pixels on my screen. does this qualify for a new phone exchange. They kinda annoy me. And one more thing. While i just kinda browse through the phone, it would start turning off and on, the the on-screen buttons will start blinking, and the answer n end button would blink as well. I have to turn off the phone in order to get it back to normal. That and the "blank-screen-while-someone-is-calling" thing.

btw i love this phone! its awesome. Hoping this will all get fixed with the update.

I am having some issues with the screen as well. Guess I have run into some bad luck cause this is my second phone within the 30 day period....and with this new problem - I am going to request another one. 1st replacement due to an issue not consistently being able to access the internet. Wife also has a moment we purchased at the same time and her phone has been flawless. Just noticed the new issue yesterday.....had some trouble selecting an icon on the home page. Would hold down on the icon and instead of selecting it, it would jump around slightly. If you tocuh and hold the screen and attempt to slide it in one direction while still holding it - you can see that there is some glitching...or jumping around. In lanscape mode - the issue is really noticeable. If I am scrolling and I can notice some jumping around as well. When Playing Robo defense...in landscape, the screen anywhere near accurate....it doesnt always pick up my changes and selections.....and jumps around sometimes when I try to move the map around. very annoying issue that I think must have something to do with the software or possibly I got a screen with some issues.

Very frustrating I am going to try and get a 3rd phone. I LOVE the moment but come on...this concerns me. My buddy just got a hero and is in love with it....I want a good moment....but will have to go to a hero if I can't get one that works like it should!

Anyone else have any screen issues similar to this? I am assuming there is nothing I can do to calibrate or attempt to address this problem?

Thanks all!

Upvote 0
So i got my replacement phone. There was problems though, when i exchanged for the first phone (i did not really check it well) within walking out of the phone and looking for anything wrong and there ended up being 3 dead pixels, so i go back in the store and show them and they actually had to go look through a couple of phones before they could find a good one.

The phone they gave me is flawless and it seems to run faster then my first one. Go samsung moment! haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones