• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touchscreen has gone wacky, need help

wolfdogg

May 12, 2011
CCM7 Vanilla on an Eris

so my touchscreen is misbehaving now. I cant text anymore, a bunch cccccccccccs appear, and when i click the backbutton i get a delated delete of my entire message. its like a stuck key on a keyboard.

i have a hard time navigating the system, and a few times i clicked menu, and my app copilot live was launching.

therre are a few recent things i did to the system that may have caused this otherwise i have a bad usb port thats gotten tweaked from repeated use.

i installed "advanced Task Killer Free" a couple days previous, closing that has seemed to help greatly, but i dont think im out of the woods.

I went into Cyanogen Mod Settings, turned on a couple settings on the same day i got the problems, hours before though, once i noticed the problem later in the day i turned them back off. those mod settings are as follows below;

-display screen on animation, 270 degrees accelerometer rotation
-input - haptic feedback tweaks (maybe)
not even sure but i only enables a few in total, but i combed back through allt he settings once the problem started to put them back once i noticed the problems. i rebooted and pulled battery out too.

it must either be one of the two mentioend above (advanced task killer, or cyanogen mod settings), or the phone has known touchscreen issues that maybe someone can enlighten me on.

Oh yeah, one more important clue, i just flashed this rom a few weeks ago, and now for the first time the top right of the screen has lost its sensitivity to the point that i cant click in that region without alot of trying. this happened way before i messed with the mod settings. So unless the sd card is taking a crap, then i believe its a hardware issue.

is there a way i can recalibrate the screen? How likely is this related to the installed operating system? note, i have used this exact MD5'd copy still on the same sd card twice before, the first time it worked flawless, the 2nd time, i had to reinstall it the 3rd, because i had to go back to factory for a few minutes just to get text messaging working again (verizon stops it periodically if the system doesnt do a checkin i guess).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones