• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touchscreen is confused

Hi everybody,

Android Version: 2.2
Network: NetCom Norway
Taskiller Used?: Used to, but uninstalled upon problem.

Long time reader, first time poster.
I've trawled the forums for a problem similar to mine, but no such luck.
I appologise in advance if this is a double post, or if I'm doing something stupid.

Anyway, I've had my Desire for a while. It has been working a-ok the whole time, but lately I've been having problems with the touch screen.

Often, (once a day, or so), while browsing or using StumbleUpon, the phone seems to completely misinterpret any touch input and starts to zoom instead of scrolling. Buttons (onscreen) cannot be pushed. when I exit to home screen and try to scroll between, uh, home screens, they only show up half way- as if they're physically stuck. (which is, of course, nonsense)

The buttons work ok, the trackpad works ok and scrolls as it should.

This happens ONLY when I'm browsing (I guess StumbleUpon uses the phone's browser), and I have to reboot for it to work again, hich makes me believe this to be a software problem.

I've uninstalled all apps.

Please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones