• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touchscreen issues

adamskim127

Lurker
Jan 4, 2018
I have installed a screen protector (Spigen tempered glass) and my screen has been having touch screen problems. For example I have to touch a little harder for the screen to register the contact

If anyone else has this problem do they know anything I can do to fix this problem

Assuming the touch detection worked fine prior to installing the screen protector,
I have installed a screen protector
^ that's your problem right there.

Touchscreens function based on detecting your body's very slight electrical charge. Glass is an insulator, so adding another layer makes it a little bit more difficult to pick up your touches. Some screen protectors take steps to minimize the impact, but even with those steps you'll still see some loss of sensitivity after the screen protector is installed.

You may want to reach out to Spigen to see if they have any suggestions. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll need to decide whether the poor touch sensitivity or the thought of accidentally scratching your screen is a bigger problem.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones