1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Touchscreen issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrbearhug, Aug 15, 2012.

1. mrbearhug

mrbearhug Lurker

Hey People of the internet. I've been using this forum on and off for a while to root my phone. I just found out about the ICS/quattrimus rom so I wanted to give it a go. I had a few issues at first, just to give some background, but nothing I couldn't figure out with the help of these forums and a few other android forums. Anyways so I've formatted an sd ext partition, wiped and all the stuff, flashed from the zips all i needed. and went to load it up. I don't think I did it right at first because it got stuck at the AOKP unicorn screen. Ps, that's the version of the quattrimus rom I flashed. But then I booted into recovery, used a wipe zip i had, reflashed, and presto. Worked like a charm for a few hours. This was say about 3 am before I crashed out. I decided to look for bugs.... and everything I wanted/needed worked perfectly. I even overclocked with no restarts/freezes. Once I had all the apps I wanted i went and made a back up. And restarted again and it worked fine....

Now to my problem. SO about 7 hours later. My phone's touchscreen hasn't worked at all. All the buttons work. the rom looks to have loaded fine. I can even take a screenshot, but I can't do anything. It wasnt wet when I woke up or anything weird. It was lying face first down on a DRY towel when I woke up. Fell off the bed about 8 inches onto it, which made me think maybe thats the problem, but theres no screen scratches or dents, cracks etc. Any suggestions? So far I've reflashed it with no luck. I tried to factory restore my from clockwork mod, which did nothing but get my phone stuck in a blue screen. Then i just reflashed and Im back to my current problem. Help? lol.
    I was thinking it might be a kernel problem.... my clockwork mod might be too old? I clearly have no idea. So any ideas or questions that may help get to the problem would be much appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Try a CM7 rom made for OV. Make sure it is an OV rom you flashed.
    if you still got issues, I think your digitizer broke.

3. mrbearhug

mrbearhug Lurker

how would that work if i cant get access to my sd card?

4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

No access to SD card?? What about while in recovery? Can you access SD card while in recovery and add rom to SD card from PC?

5. mrbearhug

mrbearhug Lurker

The Digitizer problem is an intriguing one. I did have a brand new computer screen flare up one time, so I guess it is possible something break overnight. I've been looking for ways to just troubleshoot screens on this phone and I can't find anything. so Im going to keep researching that just in case. I was thinking about just calling VM and seeing the damage on a replacement/exchanging phones. I may be out of my warranty, can't remember, but I've almost had it for a year now so I'm sure that won't be free.

Anyways, Maybe I wasn't being clear. I have clockwod mod Recovery c3.0.2.8. I dont know if i need/needed to update that before this whole process so that it would have worked properly. Either way, thats the version I have. It seemed to do everything fine like I said, and the zip didn't come with an updated version of CR and it never updated itself EVER in its lifetime on my phone... so long story short, is there a way to upgrade that on the computer vs say on my phone.

And about my sd card. I went out an got and sd card reader today, just incase I needed it and hoping that will open up my options. I currently have my phone loaded into clockwordmod R, without the sdcard there, and my sd card is in the reader. Im about to just try and set it back to stock, upon reading more tutorials, but I don't think it will help my screen. But im going to try and do what you just said and load a rom. I don't mind starting from scratch since play market is pretty genius.

6. mrbearhug

mrbearhug Lurker

Anyone know of any screen troubleshooting other than flashing a new rom?

7. mrbearhug

mrbearhug Lurker

okay. so i flashed a cm7 rom again, and my touchscreen is responding. but now its all jacked up. buttons appeared to pressing themselves. I could eventually get it to stop for a second or two so that I could shut it down. but at least it works sort of. Now to figure out what to do from here, and what did I learn. Is it rom/flashing related? Or is it a hardward problem with something with my screen.

8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

How did you get cwm recovery on your phone exactly?

9. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

I've seen something similar that turned out to be a corrupt/disfunctioning uSD card. Is it a stock uSD card? Is it an el-cheapo from E-Bay?

10. mrbearhug

mrbearhug Lurker

I bought a sd card reader and loaded everything i needed. I ended up leaving my phone in a bag of silica for a long while. That seemed to do the trick. SO i guess it did get wet but i dont know how. I loaded back up quattrimus and it seems to be fine.. thanks for all the help!

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews