• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touchscreen not working- solutions please?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

My is screen was cracked several months ago and have only recently bought a replacement screen for my friends dad to install. Last night a glass of water spilled over my xperia x which caused the touch screen to stop working, however the 3 main buttons still work. Will installing a new screen fix my problem?

Very hard to say. Water damage varies a lot.

The most important thing is not to use the phone until it is thoroughly dry. So if you've not already done so, turn it off, remove the battery if possible, and stick it in a jar of uncooked rice for a couple of days. This will draw the moisture out (of course if you have a large quantity of silica gel that would be better, but most of us don't). When it's thoroughly dry try again and see.

If it still doesn't work then replacing the screen may fix it - it depends on exactly what was damaged. But if you've already bought the screen there's not much to lose in trying.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Hopefully I can help you with your problem.

Unfortunately I am unable to answer your question since there are many unknown variables. The only way to know for sure that there hasn't been any hardware damage is to install it and see.

I know several people who have saved their phones by using the rice method mentioned above.

Best of luck. I hope your device can be saved.

If you have any other questions regarding your device, I invite you to join Android Forums. We have many sections for specific devices which contain a wealth of information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones