• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen occasionally unresponsive in landscape

vintagewalrus

Mar 11, 2010
This happens rarely but is anoying.
I'll be doing something in landscape and the screen hangs.
It well self correct within 2 to 20 seconds.
I can manually correct it by flipping the phone to portrait and back.
The manual correction can be fast. Too fast for the app to change orientation.
It's like the gyroscope kicks the touch capability back in!??
I've seen it in the home screen (launcher pro), browser, games
I saw it before the update, root, and launcher pro
I did a hard reset a while back, no dice.

Anyone else have this issue?

Interesting. I wonder if this is related.

My girl has seen the same issue. Doesn't bug her as much but it makes me wonder if there is something screwy with the batch. We both got ours on launch day in Sarasota FL at the same corp store. First two out the door.

I've got a few days left to decide if it's worth returning over. Rather not, but it is a real annoyance at times.

Anyone else?
Particularly anyone that was standing in line with us. I know you're out there reading this geeks. lol

Upvote 0
I have had some random reboots but I have not connected them to this issue. There was one that stood out. I was browsing in dolphin and everything froze, nothing would respond and I ended up pulling the batt.

Anyhow, my thing is just like I described in the first post. I've seen it around 40 times in what 27 days? The thing is I can't find a way to generate it on demand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones