1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Touchscreen stopped responding after taking phone apart...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by batman4444, Jul 9, 2013.

1. batman4444

batman4444 Lurker

I was having an issue with my HTC Incredible phone in booting up into the boot-loader due to a stuck down optic pad. I was able to correct the issue by taking the phone apart, cleaning the optic pad, and putting everything back together. The phone now correctly boots, but somehow I knocked something loose or something in there and now the touchscreen will not respond.

I have tried removing the battery and replacing it several times and still no touchscreen. I have tried re-taking apart and reassembling the phone several times and still no touchscreen. but still no touch screen. I tried a factory reset, still a no go.

I am wondering if anybody has any clues as to what I might have knocked loose while I was in there that might have caused this happen. Any ideas on things I could check or what the issue might be? Is it fried and should I just get a new one?

Thanks in advance for your help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. geofferey

geofferey Well-Known Member

Every flex cable is properly secured and did you leave the pads that cushion the cables from the phone?

batman4444 likes this.
  3. batman4444

batman4444 Lurker

Yeah, I just took it apart again and verified that every ribbon cable was clamped in. I believe that all the pads are still in place. I lost some of the yellow plastic tape stuff that were on top of the clamp connectors and so I tried putting some scotch tape in place instead to see if that would help, but still nothing.

Thanks for the suggestion

4. geofferey

geofferey Well-Known Member

One of those yellow pieces of tape have a block piece of foam on it. It's essential. The other ones don't really need it. Sometimes these things don't like to be taken apart lol. You can get the digitizer fairly cheap tho.

batman4444 likes this.
  5. batman4444

batman4444 Lurker

I really appreciate your support geofferey,

I fashioned a little piece of foam to replace the one that was missing and it started recognizing some touch so I think I am on the right track, however, it only recognizes the touch sporadically and if i press i press really hard in only a couple of places... You think I need a new digitizer completely?

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews