1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support touchscreen stopped working. help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steel36, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    So, I'm finishing up a run in the a.m. and the phone is in its regular spot in my armband. It won't stop streaming Pandora when I hit pause. it won't do anything. I pull the battery and reboot.

Now, it takes forever to boot up, and all of the hard keys work, but the touchscreen does not. Is there anything I can do?

Advertisement

2. Steel36

None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    Okay, so I wanted to post this in case anyone else encounters a similar problem. Basically, I thought there might have been some dried salt or something in the phone shorting something out. So, I filled a sink w/ water and plunged it in forcefully several times. then I dismantled it and used a hair dryer to dry it as best I could. Then I fired it up after waiting a few hours and the touchscreen was working! Wifi was down, but after a reboot or two it came back.

Currently, the only thing that isn't working is the headphone jack but I'm hoping it returns as well.

3. Wpz2000

Wpz2000 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Male
    Semiconductor Test Engineer, 3D Technology Develop
    Westchester, NY
    A few hours isn't enough to completely dry out the electronics. I also hope you used distilled water as regular tap water has a lot of minerals which will corrode the electronics over time.

Before going to this extreme, did you try doing a factory reset???

4. Steel36

None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    Nope, just tap water. Though if it can just limp along until my upgrade date I'll be happy.

Agreed on the few hours pushing it, but I was ready to just see if it worked before chunking it. The same thing happened to my brother's Inc a few months ago (death by sweat), and we tried the reset, dis-assembly, everything, and nothing worked then so this was a last resort.