• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touchscreen takes inputs that was never made

Is your phone screen dirty? That could be the problem.. However, it can also be a software problem. If cleaning the phone doesn't work, then try clearing system cache, if that doesn't work either, then try a factory reset (do a backup first). And if it still doesn't work, then it's a hardware problem which cannot be fixed easily...

Upvote 0
The touchscreen takes inputs that was never made.when i use swift keyboard to backspace to delete it keep entering x or c instead What is the most cause? Before this, pressing an icon ends up pressing the icon next to it

Would you elaborate on what Android device you are using, so members would identify if it's a software issue or the users mishandling or damage to the device?

Upvote 0
Is your phone screen dirty? That could be the problem.. However, it can also be a software problem. If cleaning the phone doesn't work, then try clearing system cache, if that doesn't work either, then try a factory reset (do a backup first). And if it still doesn't work, then it's a hardware problem which cannot be fixed easily...

Upvote 0
Where wiil a backup go? for xiaomi, do i need internet access to do i will it backup to the data base of whatsapp, what about the contacts?

Upvote 0

It is getting so bad even swiping a key to answer a call is huge huzzle, what should i do,cleaning sys cache did not work at all. I am thinking of throwing it far far out, out of sight out of mind.It happening all over the place not just one section of the screen DESPERATION ESCALATING

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones