1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Touchscreen weirdness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CZ-Horse, Jul 4, 2011.

1. CZ-Horse

CZ-Horse Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Greetings,

I've had my Optimus V for a little over 6 weeks now and, for the most part, am very satisfied with both the handset and the coverage Virgin Mobile provides. What I have been experiencing, though, that frustrates the daylights out of me are the occasional times when I touch one area of the touchscreen and an icon or letter on the opposite side of what I want activiates. I am more than willing to accept now-and-again fat-fingering, but what I am describing is (as an example) trying to type the letter P but the letter W might show up instead, or touching an icon at the bottom of the screen while one directly above but an 1-1/2" away toggles! :mad::mad::mad:

I can see no pattern for this behavior. Has anyone else ever encountered this?

The Horse

Advertisement

2. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Behind you
    Do you have shield on your phone? If it's one of those cheap ones they cause tons of problems. That is why I always go with the ZAGG invisible sheild. Lifetime warranty too.

3. CZ-Horse

CZ-Horse Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2011

Hmm...a manky shield is a distinct possibility. I'll take off the one I have and use the handset "naked" for a couple of days to see if there's any difference. A good tip! Many thanks...

The Horse

Tags: