1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TouchWiz - Can it be made not-ugly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daivik, May 20, 2011.

1. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

Just been watching some vids and an really in-depth 18 minute video.

Is there any way to make TouchWiz...less ugly??

By ugly, I mean that the homescreen's are really nice - but when you go into the apps (like messaging/email/contacts - basically any Samsung standard apps) - I personally think it looks ugly because it's FAR TOO blocky. Everything is just a rectangle with sharp corners. Does anyone else think this?

And so is there a way to change this? (I know a launcher will change the homescreens, but not the core apps such as messaging/contacts of the phone.

I do come from my first android phone being a Desire (so Sense was my first ever experience) and so is the TouchWiz UI something I'm just going to have to get used to???

Also is there a away for some king of white skin?? (not like iPhone) but just a skin that uses white/cream or just different colours other tha blacks and greys.

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

Use a different launcher??? That would be the best way around it if you ask me.

3. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

yes, but that changes the homescreens and animations etc, it doesn't actually change the messging/contacts/email UI.

4. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

Use a different messaging and email app, search the market, there is probably something there that will suit your needs and wants.

5. Mutant04

Mutant04 Member

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews