1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support TouchWiz Home

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andybog, Jul 29, 2013.

1. andybog

andybog Guest
    None
    I accidently added another home screen, the 'desktop' with any widgets and shortcuts on, and when i tried to delete it (zoom out and drag and drop screen to delete, i get 'unfortunately, Touchwiz home has stopped'.

I have booted to custom recovery and deleted cache and dalvik cache, didnt fix it.

In addition to the above i also went to settings>applications manager>menu>reset app preferences...still didnt fix it.

I have also tried clearing data from within the applications manager for TouchWiz Home....still didnt fix it.

from settings i selected 'home screen mode' and selected 'easy mode'...still have the problem.

Anyone found a fix other than factory reset?

Cheers

Advertisement

2. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast
    None

sorry man I have never had or heard of that problem, just do a factory reset.

3. andybog

andybog Guest
    None
    Dont want to do a factory reset, think i will just live with it unless anyone else knows a solution other than factory reset?

4. aldamon

aldamon Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Durham, NC
    Maybe everything is protected while TouchWiz is running? Install another launcher like Nova and then clear data for TouchWiz home under Manage apps. Good luck.

5. andybog

andybog Guest
    None
    I know this is an old thread and i started it but ive finally fixed it (i havn't been searching all this time, just thought i would try again).

I had the 'animations' turned off in developer options. Disabled developer mode (turned it off), rebooted phone and guess what im now able to delete the extra screens.
    The problem also stopped my deleting short cuts from the lock screen options menu.

Re-enabled developer options again and all is well.
    Just thought i would let people know in case they have the same problem.

PS i have no idea why it causes problems though.

heat57 likes this.