• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touchwiz Homescreen Rotation?

nytmare

Jan 27, 2011
VA
Maybe I missed this, but is there a way to get the homescreens to rotate with TW?

I used Apex on my old GS3 and I had the ability to rotate homescreens, but I'm trying to give TW a shot on my N4. Although, I'm considering more seriously going with either Apex or Nova (Nova seems to be a fan favorite)

TIA

I'm using Apex Launcher Pro. There is an option for auto-rotate, default, portrait, or landscape. I'm using default which maintains the home page in portrait but allows all other pages to rotate.

Yup. Used Apex on my GS3 for years and liked it much better than TW. I hear TW's come a long way in the past few years, so I thought I'd give it a fair shake on the N4 before jumping ship. So far, I don't mind TW other than not being able to rotate the homescreens to landscape and not being able to modify the dock so that I get put different icons/apps on each homescreen. I don't know why they wouldn't offer that in TW.

Upvote 0
Yup. Used Apex on my GS3 for years and liked it much better than TW. I hear TW's come a long way in the past few years, so I thought I'd give it a fair shake on the N4 before jumping ship. So far, I don't mind TW other than not being able to rotate the homescreens to landscape and not being able to modify the dock so that I get put different icons/apps on each homescreen. I don't know why they wouldn't offer that in TW.

Give this a shot:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate&hl=en

ULTIMATE ROTATION CONTROL is highly customizable per each app installed on your phone,including the stock launcher.

Upvote 0
Give this a shot:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate&hl=en

ULTIMATE ROTATION CONTROL is highly customizable per each app installed on your phone,including the stock launcher.

I 2nd ultimate rotation control. The best thing about it is you can select what kind of rotation you want for individual apps. Say you set your phone to rotate your home screen. You can set your music player or camera to stay in portrait mode. I mainly got it for my Droid incredible so I could rotate my home screen in landscape when I had it on the car dock, since the charge port was on the side.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks, but I'm a cheap bastard. :D I'd rather just use Apex or Nova if I'm going to go to the degree of paying for something that should be built into TW in the first place (I say that like I'm king for the day).

I think you are missing out if you don't give Ultimate Rotation Control a try. I have been using it for years on 4 different devices. It is one of the first things I install on any new Android device. I've run in to several apps that lock the screen into portrait and this can force it to rotate the way I want it to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones