• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WalMarx

Lurker
Aug 8, 2010
So, this is my first post here, and I haven't been lurking the forums enough to know if such a thread exists, so I'm sorry if it's a repeath, but I would like to know whether you guys like or dislike TouchWiz 3.0 on the Galaxy S phones, why, and whether it's worth it to use ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro.

I was about to download launcher pro

If I do not like it - I presume I just delete it and go back to the whiz...

I am new to android - coming over from the iPhone (dark side)!!!

Also - how to stop the SMS client that came with the phone. I do hand cent and seem to like this a lot more. But now I have to delete both...

One last ? - what is everyones opinion of k-9 email????

Upvote 0
It's all about how you want the phone to look and feel. Many claim UI speed improvements with ADW and LP. They also offers a huge amount of themes, icons, etc. If you're into heavy customization then these are for you.

If you're looking for simplicity, TouchWiz isn't all that bad of a UI to keep around.

Upvote 0
Yes. Many claim speed improvements by having the optimized code and less CPU load (and thus less load on the battery) by using ADW. Same story for LP.

I would assume the gap between TouchWiz and LP/ADW will be much smaller once Froyo hits next month. That's in terms of speed, load times, etc.

Like I said, the only real drawback to TouchWiz is the lack of customizing that you can do. Otherwise it's very polished IMO.

Reactions: WalMarx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones