1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Touchwiz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dummy19, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Dummy19

Dummy19 Lurker

Galaxy 5 phone for 3 years with no problems. Suddenly Touchwiz shows up and locks my whole system unless I choose between two. I don't even know what it was and thought it was a hacker so tried to get out, no escape. Finally chose the simplest...home easy. Every app is locked up and the only key seems to be if I allow linking them to my contancts and my calendar which I do NOT link any of my apps chosing to keep everything separate. Why link my contacts to photos in my Gallery or link my calendar to my photos in Gallery for example. But if I deny, my photos are held hostage and it will not allow me to view them. Some one please help, this Touchwiz showed up with no warning, no explanation and NO PERMISSION, but holding my data essentially hostage unless I agree to link everything with my contacts and calendar. Help me understand and help me escape my captors.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

TouchWiz is the launcher that your phone came with when you bought it. An update brought Home Easy, which was supposed to be a dumbed down launcher with locked apps for if youn decide to give the phone to a kid and want things locked up. Just go to Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Set it back to TouchWiz.

psionandy likes this.