1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Towelroot- Help!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SpaceOreo5000, Nov 4, 2014.

1. SpaceOreo5000

SpaceOreo5000 Lurker

Hey, I rooted my tablet with towelroot a long time ago (Nexus 7 2013 version 4.4.4) and it worked perfectly. Me and my brother both play clash of clans on my tablet, so I added another user so we can both play on our accounts. So then I tried rooting the second user with towelroot, and when I clicked on that picture, it opened up like infinite towelroot.com/try.apk pages and nothing loaded on them. Can anybody help? I really want the second user rooted. And yes I did use root checker it said that I didn't have root on the second user but I do on the first. So please help me☺

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi SpaceOreo5000, and welcome to Android Forums :)

Do you have a su-management app (like Superuser or SuperSU) installed on both accounts? I haven't experimented with towelroot on a multi-user device, but I do know that each user would need to have their own copy of a su-manager installed in order for it to work.

funkylogik and SpaceOreo5000 like this.
  3. SpaceOreo5000

SpaceOreo5000 Lurker

I will install it on the second account, but that was the first thing I did then I deleted it so idk. Will edit this post when I get it installed but I doubt it will work since it didn't the first time.
    Edit: Finally got it working. I had to check multi user in SuperSU settings on the primary account. Thanks!

funkylogik and codesplice like this.
  4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Nice - I had forgotten that SuperSU had that option. Glad you got it sorted. :D