1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TOYOTA entune plus, google maps and 6p

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by bob52r, Jan 23, 2016.

1. bob52r

bob52r Member

just got a 2016 toyota camry sE , spec edition with Entune Audio Plus package that includes an upgraded 7-inch touchscreen, satellite radio and HD radio.

is there any way to have google maps app work with this system? toyota says no, but there should be a way as other app function with this android integration system.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bob52r

bob52r Member

i cannot find any meaningful tech info nor support on this entunes audio plus with 7 inch screen. i am not very techniocally inclined, but advanced features do not seem to work well and are inconsistent. i am with verizon now and currently using samsung note 3. the audio streaming sounds great from phone--this required cabling in my former 2010 mercedes c300.

can anyone link me to good tech support for configuration and or problem solving

3. Yes. Get rid of that horrible sounding Entune system. Get a decent head unit and your ears will thank you. But, if you don't care about sound, you will have to deal with the built in Nav.

For local trips use the phone. for long trips with cell reception issues use the Entune Nav, as bad as it is. Or get a dedicated gps like a Garmin or something.

4. Member282753

Member282753 Guest

Nope. Toyota is one of the few manufacturers in the world that has not embraced Android auto or Apple carplay. They are pretty much on an island by themselves when it comes to their approach. I've owned 5 Toyotas in a row over 15 years and now drive a Hyundai because of Entune.

5. Try ChromeCast with HDMI