1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Trace keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jota_sv, Jan 2, 2014.

1. jota_sv

jota_sv Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2013
    Anyone else got trace typing working on their motoG? I can't find an option to enable it but the various help quides mention it as a function. This is an unlocked phone purchased in the UK so a vanilla build of jelly bean I think.

Advertisement

2. jota_sv

jota_sv Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2013
    Judging by the lack of response it must just be me. I've since downloaded Google keyboard, which looks much the same, but gives the trace function that I'm missing amongst other options.:)

Thom likes this.
  3. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Not using the Moto G I wasn't aware that Google Keyboard was not included.

This is the second issue solved by downloading Google Keyboard (the other was not being able to include a Polish dictionary).

Glad it's working for you.

... Thom

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.