• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Track Contact Date Entered

While entering information about the contact, use the "notes" menu, select "other" and then place your additional info there ("notes" is at the bottom of the contact data entering area); you can type in something such as, "Today's date," or "This contact saved on August 11th 2010," etc).

You can add as many separate notes about a contact as you want to.

Upvote 0
That's a good idea Frisco, but I am trying to find out what date it was after the fact. I entered the contact and just punched a letter because I didn't have time, and thought I would remember the name, but when I looked back, I had more than one with a letter or number.

I know I should just stop doing that but drinking and logical thinking don't always go hand-in-hand.

I just figured there had to be some info recorded internally of when I saved that contact. I mean, when the data was written to the phone's memory, or to Google Contacts, it would have had to have a date associated with the file.

Any ideas?

While entering information about the contact, use the "notes" menu, select "other" and then place your additional info there ("notes" is at the bottom of the contact data entering area); you can type in something such as, "Today's date," or "This contact saved on August 11th 2010," etc).

You can add as many separate notes about a contact as you want to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones