1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General TrackBall Decides Not To Go Down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ERISLOVER, Jul 5, 2010.

1. ERISLOVER

ERISLOVER Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    D.C.
    Yeah, Just like the title says, and the trackball wont go down.
    Any Tips tricks, etc?

I'm rooted, so I can't lose that.

Advertisement

2. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Well, when my Eris did the same thing, I took it in to the Verizon store, and they tried to fix it there on the spot, but when they couldn't, I got a free replacement then and there.

However, since you're rooted, taking it to the Verizon store won't work, unless you unroot. But even then, the 'Like-New Refurb' will almost surely come with HBOOT 1.49, which right now is very difficult to root.

I don't know what to tell ya, sorry.

EDIT: The employee at the store told me that my trackball issue had to do with water damage; like even having it in the bathroom while I shower may get some moisture inside it.

3. mudsloth

mudsloth Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Mine stopped going left and rarely down. I pressed down hard on it and rolled it and that fixed it. I think I saw someone here suggest that solution.

4. Doing that can dislodge what debris was between the tiny contacts around the trackball mechanism.

I'd take it a step further and use an alcohol wipe to thoroughly rub around the trackball, going every which-way and pressing hard then softly then hard again (all with the device turned off, of course.

The alcohol will evaporate within less than a minute.

ERISLOVER likes this.