• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trackball notification not working in froyo

sourmilk

Oct 13, 2009
Anybody else having this problem in 2.2?
I'm not sure if it ever worked or whether it stopped working since I did the update last night. I tried changing the pulse notification light setting and doing a reboot bit no luck.:thinking:
I googled the problem and a few other people have reported the same problem but no solutions.
I've only tested email notifications and app updates.

Thx

Google Voice SMS uses Green trackball color :)

I'm extremely pleased by this because it's the color I wanted for GV SMS :D

I guess they went ahead and gave a color for GV since they have not released the GV api as far as I know, so no developer would be able to create color alerts for GV.

Anyway it's a great way to test the trackball color(s)

Reactions: sourmilk
Upvote 0
Google Voice SMS uses Green trackball color :)

I'm extremely pleased by this because it's the color I wanted for GV SMS :D

I guess they went ahead and gave a color for GV since they have not released the GV api as far as I know, so no developer would be able to create color alerts for GV.

Anyway it's a great way to test the trackball color(s)

how do you get sms to come through google voice? do you need a separate app from the google voice app?
all my sms comes through the default messaging app.

thx

Upvote 0
how do you get sms to come through google voice? do you need a separate app from the google voice app?
all my sms comes through the default messaging app.

thx
The Google Voice app should already be on your phone if it's a Nexus One.

You should also be able to go here and set up your account:

Google Voice

It says you need an invite, but like I said, the Nexus comes with a Google Voice invite in the form of the Google Voice application. Just find it, open it and follow instructions. It should be towards the bottom of the app tray. Make sure and turn off SMS forwarding in the GV PC settings as that is why you will get an sms in the regular messaging app when using Google voice.

Upvote 0
The Google Voice app should already be on your phone if it's a Nexus One.

You should also be able to go here and set up your account:

Google Voice

It says you need an invite, but like I said, the Nexus comes with a Google Voice invite in the form of the Google Voice application. Just find it, open it and follow instructions. It should be towards the bottom of the app tray. Make sure and turn off SMS forwarding in the GV PC settings as that is why you will get an sms in the regular messaging app when using Google voice.

i have google voice setup and i think i setup sms correctly for GV, but sms shows up via the standard message app and there is not trackball notification.

i guess i'll just wait a few days and try a factory reset if no solutions come up. someone else reported this problem already so maybe there will be an answer: After installing froyo the trackball light notifications are not working - Android Help

Upvote 0
Very
It wont show up with the test. Have someone text you. Doesn't show on my test either

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

thanks for your help, but i tried what you said and it still doesn't work.
i get the popup but no trackball notification. hopefully resetting back to factory settings and reinstalling 2.2 will work.

Very weird. Hope it works after. Because its awesome. I have a different colors for like ten different girls. Red for the x. Lol

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
mystery solved.
Woke up this morning and the trackball was flashing.
it looks like in 2.2 the trackball doesn't light up when the screen is on.:thinking:
I don't know why they changed it, but maybe someone will find a way to change it back to flash always. my screen is almost always on and i miss seeing the flashing light.:(

thx BIGMERF and AIR FORCE ONE for your help!

Upvote 0
I'm having a strange problem with the trackball lighting up as well...when I get a text (using chompsms) the trackball lights up once right when I get the text, and then only lights up if I press the power button to wake the phone and then put it in sleep mode again. Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

YouTube - Nexus One 2.2 Trackball Color Strangeness?

any ideas of how to fix this?

Upvote 0
I'm having a strange problem with the trackball lighting up as well...when I get a text (using chompsms) the trackball lights up once right when I get the text, and then only lights up if I press the power button to wake the phone and then put it in sleep mode again.

any ideas of how to fix this?

Do you haave the pulse notification setting enabled under sound settings? If yes then its prob a problem with chomp.
Also the rate at which the light flashes seems to be inconsistent on froyo. Try watching it with the screen off for like a minute to see if it flashes.

Upvote 0
Do you haave the pulse notification setting enabled under sound settings? If yes then its prob a problem with chomp.
Also the rate at which the light flashes seems to be inconsistent on froyo. Try watching it with the screen off for like a minute to see if it flashes.

Thanks a lot! I had no idea about the pulse notification setting but now that I enabled it, everything works perfectly :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones