• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trackball Pulse Notification...

Hi, I'm new here & was wondering if there was ANY way to make it so that the trackball blinks more often than it does when I have a notification? It really irritates me how slow the rate is... I have to stare at it for like 10 seconds to know if I have a new message or not in class! Thanks :)

Just download Handcet sms from the Android market its free and use that. Its better than the default sms on the nexus plus lots of settings to change pulse frequency. Go to notification settings there is led flash frequency with the choice of default, fast normal, slow or custom or go to light trackball settings and you can adjust from never, 2 seconds, 5 seconds 10 or 20 up to 1 minute. There is also an option to change the colour of the led but im sure this doesnt work on the nexus one just incase you tried it.

Upvote 0
Just download Handcet sms from the Android market its free and use that. Its better than the default sms on the nexus plus lots of settings to change pulse frequency. Go to notification settings there is led flash frequency with the choice of default, fast normal, slow or custom or go to light trackball settings and you can adjust from never, 2 seconds, 5 seconds 10 or 20 up to 1 minute. There is also an option to change the colour of the led but im sure this doesnt work on the nexus one just incase you tried it.

you dont have a nexus do you?

Upvote 0
Wolfman99. you do realize that the trackball colors do not change just because you have Handcent right, because your statement sure makes it sound like that. That is not an option on a stock N1 yet. Yes the settings are built into Handcent but the firmware overrides the colors so it only does white for now

Actually, he pretty clearly stated that he is "sure this doesnt work on the nexus one just incase you tried it."

Sounds like already knows this to me.

Upvote 0
*sigh* Again, wait, no, here let me quote it because for some reason people are reluctant to scroll up and read his post.

@ROBIN50N lol.. well sure if the solution has nothing to do with the problem. then I guess your on to something...

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new here & was wondering if there was ANY way to make it so that the trackball blinks more often than it does when I have a notification? It really irritates me how slow the rate is... I have to stare at it for like 10 seconds to know if I have a new message or not in class! Thanks :)

This guy has an app that JUST allows you to change how often the trackball blinks and nothing else:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...88#post5609688

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones