1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Trackball will not go left?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meatwad, Sep 4, 2010.

1. meatwad

meatwad Active Member

May 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    My trackball started doing this today. It works perfectly fine going up, down and right. It will not let go to the left no matter what. I tried cleaning it the way the thread that showed the video with the guy with the blackberry with no luck. I'm runnning Kaos Froyo v32 @ 768. I've had no problems till today. I tried flashing a 2.1 rom and still had no luck.

Advertisement

2. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    NJ
    I had the exact same problem last week only mine wouldn't go right. It happened in a split second as I was using it. Mine felt like the ball was getting stuck though so I could tell it was just dirt. I used the compressed air keyboard cleaner and rolled/pressed the ball while spraying. No problems since.

3. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Mine did this a few times, I dampened a part of my shirt pressed it onto the trackball and vigorously spammed it. should remove any caught dust in there

4. meatwad

meatwad Active Member

May 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Tried cleaning it again with a little alcohol and still nothing. I have also discovered that when it is on the charger the whole thing goes haywire and just zooms to the left. Looks like I need to go to a Verizon store and let them look at it.

5. KiWiLiT43

KiWiLiT43 Active Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Had the same problem, but mine wouldn't scroll up. Verizon ended up replacing the phone.

6. zelzohs

zelzohs New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    i have this problem now before it would get stuck going left and i had no control of my phone so i tryed cleaning it ..it work but now it wont go left what to do ???