• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tracking Expenses Application

Thanks for the feedback!

I have already added custom currencies to my next release of Expense IT. I expect to release this version next week. I also have a future todo item for the auto download of Exchange rates. That will be in a future release.

Regarding the subcategories, how are they reported? Any reports or screen shots would be appreciaated.

I appreciate hearing about features that you would like to see. Please continue to either post them or send them to contact@blujit.com.

Upvote 0
Hi,

NOOB on androids here. Have just purchased a Samsung Note and was using the 3GS iXpenselt like some users here. Have just downloaded the Expense IT trial version.

1st impression, lack the friendiness and easy to use features of iXpenselt. iXpenselt is easy and simple to use with reports that are easily, entries easily enter and remember for easy reference. The display highly visible with daily inputs or entries available. When I use it for the 1st time, I took just mins to enter almost everything necessary things that I can do. But with Expense IT, the flow is totally different. I have been using it for an hour and still having problem understanding the flow. Maybe the iXpenselt is meant for normal user, while the Expense IT meant for Corp users???

Can anyone recommend any apps closer to iXpenselt??? Thanks
Raymond

Upvote 0
Raymond,

You are correct that Expense IT is tailored to business. Expense IT is created to allow quick and easy tracking of job related expenses, mileage, and time. It is also tailored to allow for simple customer billing. It has a ton of features; some of which have been added due to the requests noted in other posts above(i.e. automatic exchange rate downloads, custom currencies, etc.). To learn more about the extensive features in Expense IT, may I suggest taking a look at the Users Guide at expense-it.com.

As always, I really appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions that users provide. I am continually improving Expense IT based on that feedback; so, if you have any suggestion, I would love to hear about them. Feel free to post them here or via email at contact@blujit.com.

BluJ IT

Upvote 0
Hi,

NOOB on androids here. Have just purchased a Samsung Note and was using the 3GS iXpenselt like some users here. Have just downloaded the Expense IT trial version.

1st impression, lack the friendiness and easy to use features of iXpenselt. iXpenselt is easy and simple to use with reports that are easily, entries easily enter and remember for easy reference. The display highly visible with daily inputs or entries available. When I use it for the 1st time, I took just mins to enter almost everything necessary things that I can do. But with Expense IT, the flow is totally different. I have been using it for an hour and still having problem understanding the flow. Maybe the iXpenselt is meant for normal user, while the Expense IT meant for Corp users???

Can anyone recommend any apps closer to iXpenselt??? Thanks
Raymond

I completely agree with Raymond. The ease of use, efficiency of iXpenseIt has not really been matched on the Android yet. I definitely need to get off of this Apple train, my expense tracking is the only app that is tying me to my old phone still.

Upvote 0
I posted a while back on this thread that I was keeping my Palm Tungsten T3 alive in Part because of the Expense Plus Program.

I now upgraded my smartphone from a Droid X to a Samsung Note II.

I tried a lot of different expense trackers and I found one that I like quite a bit. In many way it is better than Expense Plus -- has more potential for various uses -- but it is still a new program with some quirks I do not like.

But the software developer has a website on which you can put in requests. He seems to be pretty responsive to people's request and up dates his program fairly regularly with these changes.

He hasn't been responsive to any of my requests -- but maybe sometime down the road.

In the meantime, I am growing to love the program -- it can do a lot more than Expense Plus -- though the quirks that annoy me still annoy me.

And you have to play around with it to figure out how to outwit its constraints to get it to do what you want. There is a limit to that but so far, I have felt no desire to go back to my Palm though I keep it charged just in case.

SO the program is called Spensa Pro Expense Tracker by ejc developer. You can get it through the Google Play Store. And check the website to see the posts and the responses the developer gives in terms of requests.

I can't recall if there is a free version with limited ability -- but this one was not very expensive. I can't remember how much but it was under $5 I think.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I am a newbie in the android world, just got a Samsung Galaxy S5 and moving from the iphone 5. One of the apps that I used constantly was iXpenseIt, which for me was brilliant. I know it has several options tailored for business purposes - in the end I just use it to keep track of all my expenses and because I reconcile it to my bank account, I know how much money I have till the end of the month - it is too easy to lose track of your direct debits and expenses...

I also loved how well you could personalise different types of expenses and create smaller budgets inside the main one, very useful.

In the end I know that there will be good apps out there that will do exactly the same, at least from reading this thread. For the users or ex-users of iXpenseIt, what do you recommend?

Upvote 0
i too have been looking for a ixpenseit equivalent app on android. I've probably downloaded & tested more than 20 apps now & finally found this - anmoney which I'm very satisfied. There's a free version & a paid one. ..
its surprisingly smooth to use.. expense Manager started slowing down after having to many records
the future recurring expenses handling is better than ixpenseit!
budgeting is by category ... You can't group a few categories into a budget
threes no rollover of budget like ixpenseit
reports are more powerful
there's are 3 levels of categorisation - you can therefore categorise expenses in a matrix

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zvasvari.anmoneyf

Upvote 0
I finally found Spensa Pro as an Android app. I like it very much. The developer abandoned it for a year but is now back and been steadily releasing updates.

The one major drawback is that it can't be synced with a PC version.

The data can be exported ton excel sheet on your PC but there is no program to install on your computer.

That didn't bother me -- and after loving expense plus and giving up my Palm Pilot -- I have found Spensa Pro quite satisfactory.

I have some requests for modification in updates -- they are not that serious but would be extremely useful. The developer has a website where you can post queries as well as requests. But as far as I know --he has not honored any of mine.

But still, I like the program very much and the improvements with the recent flow of updates make things move more easily in a time saving fashion -which is critical to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones