1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Tracking software?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrisaukcam, Jul 8, 2011.

1. chrisaukcam

chrisaukcam Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    Most of the tracking software that I have seen for finding a lost tablet relies on recieving a SMS message to activate the tracking feature. This is software to help you find a tablet that is lost or stolen.

Since the transformer is not rooted with a carrier, what software works best with it?

Advertisement

2. D_Droid

D_Droid Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 27, 2010
    CA
    Try seekdroid.... works for me!

3. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    I had problems with mine and seekdroid...force closes, and couldn't uninstall it when I tried. when it did work, though, it worked well.

let me know if you get stuck trying to uninstall it...I have instructions from their tech support for this.

4. WilliamNell

WilliamNell Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    yeah perfect question, seekdroid for phone not for Asus transformer... no carrier! is there anything we can use, no shure how it should work but maybe find it's self with GPS then send an email!?

thanx anyway.
    W

5. D_Droid

D_Droid Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 27, 2010
    CA

Wrong..... seekdroid works perfectly on my tablet... all you need is for your device to have a internet signal via wifi and GPS "on".... I don't see why you would need a carrier.....

6. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    had some problems with seekdroid on my TF with force closes. their support did send a fix, but by then I tried to uninstall it (uninstall wasn't moving forward, had to contact their support again on uninstall procedure, as part of it wouldn't remove)

Can't wait for Lookout to come to Honeycomb. It works briliantly on my phone.

7. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    You need the carrier so that you don't have to be connected to wifi. Having to stay in range of wifi makes the whole concept a little impractical.

On my phone, I've used Mobile Defense since I first got my G1 damn near 3 years ago. It's been phenomenal. I don't know if it's even available any more but, if it is, it's worth checking out.