• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trade motion for connect.

Connect is better in almost every way IMO. Sure the Motion has a little better hardware, but with some minor tweaking, the connect performs pretty much on par. I prefer Gingerbread to ICS (Flash support, Apps2SD, better app support), the screen is heads and tails better (not only bigger but it looks SO crisp and clean compared to the Motions), with said performance tweaks and a battery from an LG Viper ala Verizon ($20 or so) it gets the same battery life as the Motion (mine got about 72 hours of standby just like my Motion), and my Motion has alot of bugs that I never encountered with any other android phone and that apparantly alot of other people are having as well (random restarts, apps not working, etc). When my Connect got stolen, it was no longer on sale and I couldnt justify spending $300 on the Connect when the Motion (with slightly better hardware) was only $180, so I got the Motion. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just waited until I found a Connect for cheaper.

Upvote 0
Connect is better in almost every way IMO. Sure the Motion has a little better hardware, but with some minor tweaking, the connect performs pretty much on par. I prefer Gingerbread to ICS (Flash support, Apps2SD, better app support), the screen is heads and tails better (not only bigger but it looks SO crisp and clean compared to the Motions), with said performance tweaks and a battery from an LG Viper ala Verizon ($20 or so) it gets the same battery life as the Motion (mine got about 72 hours of standby just like my Motion), and my Motion has alot of bugs that I never encountered with any other android phone and that apparantly alot of other people are having as well (random restarts, apps not working, etc). When my Connect got stolen, it was no longer on sale and I couldnt justify spending $300 on the Connect when the Motion (with slightly better hardware) was only $180, so I got the Motion. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just waited until I found a Connect for cheaper.

I doubt that about the battery l life I use a motion battery in my connect and maybe get 12 hours. Battery on connects sucks bad. And scrolling on the motion is way better and smoother than the connect even with the scrolling tweaks. Don't get me wrong I love my connect but I think very soon the motion is gonna be rocking!

Upvote 0
Lol. This is like trading a Ferrari for a Fiero, because you get more options.

its more akin to trading a lotus, a tiny small cramped speedy thing for an escalade, it isnt as fast but it still gets you there when you need and plenty of options, space, and extras ;)

but seriously ics and the cpu is the ONLY thing the motion has going for it. the connect is more than capable of running cm9/10/10.1 if they had someone to work on it

Upvote 0
its more akin to trading a lotus, a tiny small cramped speedy thing for an escalade, it isnt as fast but it still gets you there when you need and plenty of options, space, and extras ;)

but seriously ics and the cpu is the ONLY thing the motion has going for it. the connect is more than capable of running cm9/10/10.1 if they had someone to work on it

Im gonna get it and work in it i think is easier that work on the motion since you can compile cm and use cm kernel too and the fact that you dont have to use the unbricking guide every time you test something

Upvote 0

Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess I just don't understand wanting to downgrade (in terms of CPU and OS), just to go back to that OS. I know the screen is better, and a little more customization is there. But it doesn't seem like a much better choice. X.x

Upvote 0
I doubt that about the battery l life I use a motion battery in my connect and maybe get 12 hours. Battery on connects sucks bad. And scrolling on the motion is way better and smoother than the connect even with the scrolling tweaks. Don't get me wrong I love my connect but I think very soon the motion is gonna be rocking!

Actually its true. My connect with stock ROM de-bloated with the Black Plague kernel, with two cpu profiles (high performance with screen on, battery saving with screen off) running juice defender, with JIT enabled and a slim high cap battery off a LG Viper (not only do the factory batteries for the Connect suck and overheat, but the Viper one has almost 500 mAh more capacity) I could easily get 3 days of idle time and about 6-10 hours of heavy gaming. And with said tweaks (and some other kernel and build.prop tweaks) it played every game I threw at it just as fast and smooth as my Motion can with better graphics. The Motion just doesnt have enough of a hardware improvement to make it better than the Connect, so unless you have to have the smallest phone available with decent hardware, the Connect is the better choice hands down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones