• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trade Wars 2002 needs to make a comeback!

Some of my friends and I were talking about bringing TW2002 and LORD to Android about a year ago, but we never got the motivation to actually do anything about it. With the popularity of turns/time games like Farmville and Mafia Wars, I think the franchises would be a pretty popular introduction of classic door games.

As far as Tank Wars, I've been playing Armored Strike recently which is based on the same artillery theme with pretty good updated weapons and tanks. It's a little frustrating that it takes FOREVER to unlock the upgraded tanks and unless you're playing 10+ round games you'll never have enough money to buy some of the more expensive weapons, but overall the game is definitely worth the money.

Upvote 0
I hate it when people resurrect old threads, but ...

I play Trade Wars 2002 on my Android often. There are several Trade Wars 2002 servers running online. Rather than connecting to them via dial-up, you connect to them via telnet. It's the same game from way back, so you're not going to get the graphics and sound that Android is capable of, but at least you can play the game.

If you're interested in playing Trade Wars 2002, get the ConnectBot telnet client off of the Market. Then, Google for Trade Wars 2002. I play on ICE9 TWGS. I'd post URLs, but I'm too new to post them.

Of course, you can connect from just about any computer as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones