1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tranferring Photos from camera to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by altaknife, Feb 10, 2011.

1. altaknife

altaknife Lurker

Pretty basic I'm sure, but i'm an android newby. Have a Samsung Captivate. Want to put the photos I took with the phone, on my XP Laptop. Have the phone connected to usb, but what do I do next. Also would like to send photos with the phone by e mail???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sremick

sremick Android Expert

Welcome to the forums. Did you try searching first? Yours is a common question and (re)answered often. Start with the Captivate FAQ, which is a forum stick, in many users' signatures here, and mentioned in most threads:

Media - CapFAQ

3. Wreckoncile

Wreckoncile Member

Before plugging the phone in hit the menu button. Select Settings > Applications > Development > and the select USB Debugging. Then when you connect the phone to the PC via USB, you can tap the USB connection from the drop down bar in order to select "mount" the phone, which will make it appear on your computer as a removable hard drive. You can then access all files on the phone and copy them to your computer.

As far as emailing, when you tap a photo that you're viewing from the gallery, there will be an option to "share" which will allow you to send it via gmail or any other default email client you have set up on the phone.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Welcome to Android Forums, altaknife.

Post #3 by Wreckoncile gives you a good outline on how to move pics around. ;)

Feel free to ask anything, no matter how "basic" the question seems to you. There are members here more than happy to respond to posts for help with anything. :)

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. altaknife

altaknife Lurker

OK, The email works great, but on sending to pc with the cord I'm not getting "mount" after The drop down bar. What should I be choosing from the drop down bar?

6. db8max

db8max Newbie

You've got to get the Captivate USB driver installed on your computer before the computer's USB port will even "see" the phone. You can download the drivers from the Samsung Web site. Install the drivers, and then you can connect. You should set the phone's USB settings to "Mass Storage" or "Ask on Connection" since that is the way you want the phone to appear to the computer. Then, when you do make the connection, your notice bar at the top of the phone's screen will have a USB alert showing. Pull down the tab, tap on the USB alert and a drop down will give you the option to "Mount" Tap it, and the phone will then open XP's external device window where you will probably select the option "open folders" on the phone. The photos are in the folder "DCIM."

7. altaknife

altaknife Lurker

I'm using pdanet so the pc see's the phone OK. I had to download drivers to do that. I'm just having problems getting "mount" to work. Finally found mount and clicked it, but nothing showing on the laptop as a drive.

8. db8max

db8max Newbie

If you are sure that you are connected via USB and that your phone's USB is set to Mass Storage, then when you tap on "Mount" you should see the phone on the computer. I would suggest that you try opening 'Computer' on the laptop and see if there is another drive letter showing. Sometimes I've found that mounting an external USB device does not necessarily activate the Windows function that displays the options for what you want to do with the new device. If it is not there, then you are clearly having problems, and I wouldn't rule out the computer as the possible source.

9. altaknife

altaknife Lurker

Phone says that usb is connected and I have it set to mass storage. "My Computer" only shows the usual drives.Guess it could be the laptop, but hoping not.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews