• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transdroid help?

telmore007

Jun 10, 2010
I followed the video at the Transdroid website to a T. I get this message "Connected, but no seeding torrents on the server." Then I get "Error during communication with server".

I used an online port checker and saw that port 8080 was blocked. Well now it see's it.

Windows Vista Ultimate
utorrent
Linksys cisco router & at&t modem. I went into the modem and added the 8080 port and on the linksys. And added the exception in windows firewall. I have peerGuardian and BitDenfender2010 running.

I would be every great full if someone would help me. Feel free to send private message and I will be sure to help anyone else that can't get this to work.

Thanks, Tiffany

Does it work when both are on the same network? (wifi or whatever) ?

If it does NOT, then it's not the router/modem causing your problem, try disabling windows firewall for a couple minutes and see if it works.

If it DOES work when both devices are on the same network, but does NOT work when your on 3g/edge (i.e. verizons network) then there is a configuration issue in your router and you'll need to port forward 8080 to the IP address assigned to the PC running utorrent.

Hope that makes sense.... I did not look at the transdroid help page or anything, just speaking in general.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones