1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Transfer a file from an Android to another Android via Wifi as it's done by Bluetooth???

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by lugopaco, Sep 22, 2011.

1. lugopaco

lugopaco Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Student
    Mexico
    Hi!!!! I'm making a schoolar proyect which envolves Android programming. I've already done most of the work but now I need to send one file or a buffered string line from an Android phone to another one via Wifi. I can't use the Bluetooth because it's already used and Wifi is pretty much faster. The phone that will send the data is 2.2 and I can use it as a host (or hope that it could work like that) and the receiver will be a 2.1. Any idea of what can I do or where can I get some info???

I think that I have to be more especific in my question. The data that I want to send is the "view" of the camera or the instant "videoview", like an Android Webcam. The Bluetooth is very bussy sending insctructions to a little robot and receiving the status also of the bot. So it would be insane to do it as sms.

I am not really interested in how secure it is (or am I wrong and start to worry about it) cause it will only be what the Android camera see and it is for a school project.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Wormrine

Wormrine Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    lugopaco likes this.
  3. lugopaco

lugopaco Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Student
    Mexico
    I have been investigating about it and making some tests but I always get some errors. Do you have some samples or where can I read more about it???

Thank you.

4. Wormrine

Wormrine Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    lugopaco likes this.
  5. lugopaco

lugopaco Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Student
    Mexico
    Wooow! Thanks a lot!!!! I think that I wasn't creating the InPort and the OutPort correctly.

6. BobPaul

BobPaul Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    Too bad WiFi Direct was never implemented in Android. It is exactly what you are looking for.