1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Transfer a Widget?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TwinSac, Jan 5, 2013.

1. TwinSac

TwinSac Newbie
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    Male
    Math Teacher
    SacTown
    I am trying to figure out how to transfer the "Mini Diary" widget from my Galaxy S2 (att) to my Galaxy S3 (att). When I sync up with google, it only recognizes installed apps and not widgets. The play store does not have it available.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Is the actual app on the phone now? As in, if it is, long press on one of the home screens to add a widget and find the "My Diary" widget.

3. TwinSac

TwinSac Newbie
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    Male
    Math Teacher
    SacTown
    The mini diary is on my old phone. It's on a home screen on the old phone. How can I get it to my new phone?

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    I'm thinking you have to download the app to your new phone and add the widget.
    There is not a way to transfer widgets from one device to another that I know of.
    I did not see that app in the playstore, but I did a quick search for it, and it is available to sideload, but I dont know if it is compatible with our devices.
    You could try it, but I dont know if it will work or not.

TwinSac likes this.
  5. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Is the widget part of an app? If so, you should have Mini Diary in your app list on the S2. If you do, you could try using a backup app such as App Backup & Restore to copy the apk to a storage directory on your SD card. In the case of the above app the folder is called App_Backup_Restore. Copy the apk to your S3's SD card. Make sure you have Unknown sources checked (Settings/Security/Unknown sources). Open and install the apk from your SD card. Note: Many of the backup apps will not backup protected apps (paid) due to piracy, so if Mini Diary is a paid app this probably will not work. Also, this WILL NOT copy your save data (diary entries). You have to know where those files are saved and copy those also. Check your S2's SD card for a folder called MiniDiary or similar. After you get the app copied, coping the data to the SD card should restore your entries.