1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Transfer App to SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peteannie, Jan 3, 2022.

1. peteannie

peteannie Lurker

I have an app in my phone on its native memory. Is there a way to transfer that app to my SD card? I am running very low on the native memory.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

basically you will re-format your sd card as adoptable storage.
    https://help.republicwireless.com/h...etween-Portable-Storage-and-Internal-Storage-

keep in mind though if you go this route. once formatted, the sd card will now become part of the phones storage and you will not be able to remove the card or risk your data on the card to be corrupted. also by doing this you will over time create more wear and tear on the card as every action performed on the phone, the phone will have to read and write from the card. this will cause the card to wear out faster than normal.....increasing the risk of the card getting corrupted or even failing. the unfortunate thing is that you will not be able to backup the card anymore.

also by re-formatting the card will wipe anything that is already on it.....make sure that you backup the card first before re-formatting it.

3. peteannie

peteannie Lurker

Perhaps that is not the best way to go. Maybe just get a larger SD card. Is there a way to transfer the current data on the card to a new SD card? So far what I have done is going into the settings/apps and was able to transfer just a few apps to the SD; but is doesn't show on the memory of the sd card what I transferred to it in MBS.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

moving apps that way only moves a small portion of the app to the sd card. it really does not save all that much room.

5. peteannie

peteannie Lurker

Thanks for your comments.

ocnbrze likes this.

LG K20 Forum

The LG K20 release date was September 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.45" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MT6739 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2019
Release Date
Reviews