• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer App to SD Card

I have an app in my phone on its native memory. Is there a way to transfer that app to my SD card? I am running very low on the native memory.

basically you will re-format your sd card as adoptable storage.
https://help.republicwireless.com/h...etween-Portable-Storage-and-Internal-Storage-

keep in mind though if you go this route. once formatted, the sd card will now become part of the phones storage and you will not be able to remove the card or risk your data on the card to be corrupted. also by doing this you will over time create more wear and tear on the card as every action performed on the phone, the phone will have to read and write from the card. this will cause the card to wear out faster than normal.....increasing the risk of the card getting corrupted or even failing. the unfortunate thing is that you will not be able to backup the card anymore.

also by re-formatting the card will wipe anything that is already on it.....make sure that you backup the card first before re-formatting it.

Upvote 0
Perhaps that is not the best way to go. Maybe just get a larger SD card. Is there a way to transfer the current data on the card to a new SD card? So far what I have done is going into the settings/apps and was able to transfer just a few apps to the SD; but is doesn't show on the memory of the sd card what I transferred to it in MBS.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Perhaps that is not the best way to go. Maybe just get a larger SD card. Is there a way to transfer the current data on the card to a new SD card? So far what I have done is going into the settings/apps and was able to transfer just a few apps to the SD; but is doesn't show on the memory of the sd card what I transferred to it in MBS.
moving apps that way only moves a small portion of the app to the sd card. it really does not save all that much room.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones