1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support transfer contacts from HTC to Samsung Galaxy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rosemaryheller, Dec 26, 2012.

1. rosemaryheller

None

Mar 23, 2011
    I just switched my 3G Verizon HTC Incredible to 4 G TMobile Samsung Galaxy Blaze . Some of my contact information from the HTC did not transfer to the Blaze , and I find myself having to manually copy some of theinformation to the Samsung. In addition, I prefer the contact organization of the HTC. They are both Android phones. Is there anyway to change the Samsung contacts to the HTC format ? Or to transfer all the information ?

Advertisement

2. miller7796

miller7796 Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2012
    Account manager
    Indianapolis, IN
    Easiest way is to use Google for your contacts. It will automatically add them to any other android phone you are logged in to. As for HTC vs Samsung view, there's not much you can do other than go back to an HTC phone.

3. Yewaly

Yewaly Lurker
    None

May 22, 2013
    One of my friends recommend dropbox.

4. Kamillterp

Kamillterp Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2017
    You are going to transfer contacts between Android and Android ? before you transferring them , you need to sync them to backup

5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    This is rather an old thread (last post 4 years ago), so I imagine the OP has done it by now ;).

However, since this thread started various vendors have also added their own "transfer data to my new phone" apps (HTC and Samsung both have these). So if you have contacts you don't want to sync with a cloud service then you could use one of these.

Or just "export" from the contacts app, copy the vcard file to the new phone and then "import" it there.

Google sync is convenient, but you don't have to use it. There are other ways.

6. wenso martin

wenso martin Member
     #1,047

Apr 7, 2017
    Via bluetooth also we can send...

7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Google has automated a lot of the process, you can see which apps have their data backed up via Google Drive.

There are also many SMS Backup apps available on Play. Whatsapp has its own backup function via google drive.

Your contacts are linked to your Google Account.

Aside from Helium Backup, any of the apps where you need to install something on your PC are pointless and riddled with adware/malware. Steer clear, they are utterly pointless and the only people we ever see recommending them on this forum are paid shills and spammers.

Mikestony and lunatic59 like this.