• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help transfer contacts from HTC to Samsung Galaxy

I just switched my 3G Verizon HTC Incredible to 4 G TMobile Samsung Galaxy Blaze . Some of my contact information from the HTC did not transfer to the Blaze , and I find myself having to manually copy some of theinformation to the Samsung. In addition, I prefer the contact organization of the HTC. They are both Android phones. Is there anyway to change the Samsung contacts to the HTC format ? Or to transfer all the information ?

This is rather an old thread (last post 4 years ago), so I imagine the OP has done it by now ;).

However, since this thread started various vendors have also added their own "transfer data to my new phone" apps (HTC and Samsung both have these). So if you have contacts you don't want to sync with a cloud service then you could use one of these.

Or just "export" from the contacts app, copy the vcard file to the new phone and then "import" it there.

Google sync is convenient, but you don't have to use it. There are other ways.

Upvote 0
Do you think the Android phone transfer task is easy to do ?

Google has automated a lot of the process, you can see which apps have their data backed up via Google Drive.

There are also many SMS Backup apps available on Play. Whatsapp has its own backup function via google drive.

Your contacts are linked to your Google Account.

Aside from Helium Backup, any of the apps where you need to install something on your PC are pointless and riddled with adware/malware. Steer clear, they are utterly pointless and the only people we ever see recommending them on this forum are paid shills and spammers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones