• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

transfer contacts from windows mobile to android?

If you can get your contacts synced with your GMail account, you'll be set - as soon as you set up your GMail account on the android phone you choose, it will start to sync them down.

By now, there simply has to be a way to sync WinMo to Gmail....

Perhaps this can help - Official Google Mobile Blog: Google Sync Beta for iPhone, WinMo and SyncML Phones

If you do not want to use your primary account to synchronize all your accounts, create a dummy account to use for the synchronizing process....

Upvote 0
i feel like i keep poking holes in this but im a mac user

Even mac users can have Windows Live accounts. Don't tell me the you can't sync winmo contacts with Windows Live. That would be so incredibly stupid that I might have to annoy some customer service people at Microsoft. Sure, I love my android phone, but if a really great winmo7 phone comes out and that doesn't work, someone is going to get a spanking.

Upvote 0
Here is the guide for transferring windows mobile contacts to Android phone.

How to move and transfer windows mobile contacts to Android phone?

Hope it can hlep you.

I used something similar to this, but can't recall the name. It let me save my contacts on my WM phone to a CSV file and then I e-mailed them to my PC, finally I imported the CSV in my Google Contacts (this should work exactly the same with a Mac.) I got my Droid and the CSR activated the phone and said, "Give my your old phone and I'll transfer your contacts." I told them they were already in my Google account and he insisted that I would need to transfer them anyway. I handed him my WM phone and he disappeared into the Verizon Inner Sanctum. He came back out about 30 seconds later and asked my how I did that. The contacts had already synced from Google and were intact on the Droid.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I went from an ATT Touch Pro 2(windows mobile) to an HTC Incredible on verizon.

Easiest way to do this is to connect microsoft activesync and upload your contacts to the gmail address that will be associated with your android phone.

Then, when you get your android phone, enter your email address and your contacts are loaded to the new phone automagically.

Google Sync for your phone

Upvote 0
I went from an ATT Touch Pro 2(windows mobile) to an HTC Incredible on verizon.

Easiest way to do this is to connect microsoft activesync and upload your contacts to the gmail address that will be associated with your android phone.

Then, when you get your android phone, enter your email address and your contacts are loaded to the new phone automagically.

Google Sync for your phone

^^^ This is the method I used (somewhat, I use Outlook however) for my Moto Q. Just have to get your contacts into .csv, upload .csv to Google, then sync newly created "vCard" file to Android phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones