1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Transfer file from android device to another one using internet/bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by lugopaco, Sep 29, 2011.

1. lugopaco

lugopaco Member
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Student
    Mexico
    Hi!! I've already developed an app with communication via Bluetooth between Android devices, another one which connects to another Android phone via Wifi; Both of them connects with the socket method and I've been able to send only strings of data, integers or arrays (InputStream, OutputStream to get ReadLine and Println).

I wanted to create a code like the IP Cam to send the view of one phone to another streaming video between them with the IP's of the devices. Unfortunately, there is very few info about that and the MediaRecorder to take the video asks me for a path for the file to be created. So now I changed my mind and want to send images from one to another (one device take a pic, saves it, this file is send to the other device via whatever you want (Wifi or Bluetooth), the other device receives it, "plays" it on a SurfaceView or something like that, the process repeats overwriting the file and loading in the surfaceview the new one, and you get something like stopmotion).

The picture code is not problem; I can get it from a book; the problem that I've got is: how to send a file from one device to another one (both Android)? Thanks.

Advertisement