1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support transfer files from pc to android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smnazrul97, May 22, 2011.

1. smnazrul97

smnazrul97 Lurker
    None

May 22, 2011
    hey all,

I'm a samsung galaxy ace user. got problem with transferring my files to phone.when connect usb to pc then nothing pop up. anybody got solution? or i need to configure setting?? my intend to use this android is to excess emails and save files for work but not worth it if i cannot transfer files..pls help

Advertisement

2. operant

operant Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    On your device, when connected to your PC, slide down your notifications and make sure "USB Mass Storage" is what's enabled.

3. smnazrul97

smnazrul97 Lurker
    None

May 22, 2011
    i already slide down notification.then connect usb to pc but nothing happen.just once beep on phone then nothing on pc neither phone.. how to enable "USB Mass Storage"?

4. pranathi

pranathi Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    When i bought my phone(Samsung galaxy pop) , when I plug in my Droid to my computer I used to get a full screen pop up with little green Android dude and message

"USB connected" with button for "Turn on USB storage" at the bottom.

but now this is not happening...I dont get any notification as such except the tethring notification that the usb is connected. I'm unable to transfer files from PC or to PC.
    Please help.
    Thanks!!

5. Berni

Berni Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    OK, after facing similar problem, I have called the store I bought my Samsung Ace 2, and the sale lady gave me this solution and it worked perfectly:

1) Unplug everything.
    2) Go to your phone 'setting' -> 'wireless and network' -> 'usb utilities' then press the button 'connect storage to PC' THEN plug in the cable to the phone & computer. Then you will see android logo and it will say USB connected. Then your computer will detect the driver. You will have to repeat these steps every time you mount your usb driver.

Hope this helps. I haven't seen any solution on any forum sofar. If it works for you, please report back too.