1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

transfer fone contacts from non Android Motorola flipfone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by fastmari, Jan 26, 2014.

1. fastmari

fastmari Guest
    None
    Our old flipfone, a Tracfone Motorola sans Android, etc, has all our phone contacts in its directory. We want to know if we can transfer them to a new Android 2.1 Tracfone ZTE Valet, Z665C, similar to the non-tracfone ZTE Flash. The motorola only has tracfone in common with the ZTE's OS, since the flipfone has no OS by any brand.

And, if a Tracfone LG 840G, with no Android, only Bluetooth and Wifi 3G and Mobile Web Access, can go online and seemingly perform all these same functions as the Android does, why do we need Android? And, won't the Android force us to pay up more data/talk/msg-text prepaid minutes for the same functions as the wifi/mobile web access will let us get done "free"?

We saw other students accessing data thru apps, for schoolwork, by just using the campus wifi hotspots. Isn't this "free"?

we appreciate you keeping the ridicule over our ignorance to a dull roar
    rog & ree

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You can access anyhting on the internet through wifi for no charge, but there are things an Android phone can do that are more than just accessing the internet. I can analyze a network using my Android phone - or I can lug a 70 pound network analyzer with me. I can scan and print a document from my Android phone (to the printer in my office) with my Android phone.

But if all you need are things you can access on the internet, don't waste the money on an Android phone. Plenty of people buy large trucks, but you wouldn't buy one to drive to school, would you? There's no reason to follow the crowd if it's not going where you want to go.

(Of course, when you're not within range of wifi, and that's little local patches, not city-wide, all you can do is talk and text. But if that's all you want, that's what you should do.)