1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

transfer from camera to the Iconia? *Solved*

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Graffen, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Graffen

Graffen Member

Hi all, I wonder if it is possible to transfer photos from a Sony W320 cybershot to the Iconia?
    I tried to connect it with the Usb cable but it doesn't show any pics....
    I use Astro file manager.
    Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast

I dont think yo u will have with that.But you could take the card out and put it in the tablet. Or you could sync them to your computer if you have one and from there to the tablet. You could put them on a usb thumb drive as long as its Fat32 and move them to the tab. I think the update to honeycomb may let you use NTFS format but not sure yet.

3. Mikkopentti

Mikkopentti Lurker

Canon EOS550D did work directly via USB. Too bad it's not that simple for you.
    You could sync your cam's photos to your Google account or such. Tablet will sync those images to the tablet when connected to internet I think (at least it did for me).

Or you could try out Dropbox or such. Is a great little program to keep files synced.

4. Graffen

Graffen Member

If I altered the USB transfer type from "auto" to "Pictbridge", then I could transfer the pictures to the Iconia, but not the videos. But it's better than nothing. :)

5. Graffen

Graffen Member

Solved! After the 3.2 update it automatically recognises the camera! All files accessible, and easily shared to Picasa. Perfect!

6. ivarrs

ivarrs Lurker

Is this specific to the A500 or in all the Iconia tabs the 3.2 update lets you backup photos? I'm looking at a device which can be used as a backup for my Canon SLR photos during travel, and want to know if all Iconias are an option.

Thanks!