1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

transfer music

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by RrTT, Aug 19, 2017.

1. RrTT

RrTT Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2017
    Female
    minnesota
    i have A TON of music downloaded on a laptop that i think may have a virus (or some other invasion)... if i transfer these tunes to my s6, by accessing only the music-based programs, would i be transferring all of the bad stuff along with the music? thereby infecting my phone in the process?

any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Colin_e1

Colin_e1 Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2017
    If you just copy the music to your phone, and the virus wasn't imbedded in any music you downloaded, you'll probably be fine. And, if it does transfer, since the virus is on your laptop, it probably won't know how to run on your phone. Hope this helps.

3. RrTT

RrTT Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2017
    Female
    minnesota
    thanks for the info... it's definitely more than i have found trying to research so far... i KNOW this is going to prove my ineptitude abt these things, so hoping you will take pity?
    how do i 'copy' to phone? dirty laptop no longer has wi-fi capability; i didn't want to risk infecting new modem/router, so i've never added to replacement network (i think it's called?)
    i'm assuming via USB is a big no-no?

☺️

4. Colin_e1

Colin_e1 Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2017
    No, just use a USB, find a file on your phone that's called music or audio, and copy it there. Like I said, as long as the virus didn't come with the music or was made for the mobile device (as it most likely wasn't) you should be fine.

5. Colin_e1

Colin_e1 Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2017
    Another thing you could do is to go onto play.google.com/music/listen on your laptop, and just upload it there. If you have an Ethernet cable.