1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TRANSFER OF WHATSAPP DATA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Prateek Subramanya, May 16, 2021.

1. Prateek Subramanya

I had a Huawei Nova 7i. Now im shifting over to OnePlus Nord. I was able to shift all data from the Nova 7i to the Nord. However, I am not able to shift the whatsapp data due to no google support on the Huawei. I have tried a lot of methods with no luck.
    Any suggestions??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

No Google, no luck I'm afraid...

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Try sideloading the Play Store app on the Huawei from APKmirror:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-25-3-32-release/
    I've just done this, as my new PRC version Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra didn't come with the Play Store. Also I had previously installed the Play Store on a Googleless Huawei Mate 10.

As for transferring WhatsApp data. In my situation as I had a new Samsung device, I used Smart Switch to transfer all apps and data from the Huawei to the Samsung, and that did copy my WhatsApp data as well.

EDIT:

I should note that sideloading the Play Store APK on Googleless China phones in this manner may not always work. Like it didn't work with a friend's Xiaomi 10S a few days ago, Play Store just crashes on this MIUI device. And previously China phones always had to be rooted to get the Play Store installed.

#3 mikedt, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    ocnbrze, puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you can install WhatsApp can you not manually copy the WhatsApp files from your old phone (via USB to a computer and back, or using a flash drive and an OTG adapter) and tell it to restore from the most recent backup (WhatsApp should be taking daily backups and keeping the last 7 days, that is the default behaviour)?

Apologies if you've tried that, but all we know is that you've tried "many methods", not what those are.

Huawei P40 Pro+ Forum

The Huawei P40 Pro+ release date was June 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.58" inch screen, 50MP camera, 8GB RAM, HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G processor, and 4200mAh battery.

June 2020
Release Date
Reviews