1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

transfer old data to new phone

Discussion in 'Computers & IT' started by arabbadot, Oct 24, 2010.

1. arabbadot

arabbadot New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Hi Guys, Sorry I am new to this techy stuff.
    My six month old Desire has taken to switching itself off and on at random.:( I am getting a new one but how do I transfer downloaded applications from old to new phone-----( assuming I can get it to stay on long enough !!!). If I have a game with score records can this be transferred??
    I have backed up data but I don`t think the applications are transferred to the sdcard.would be grateful for your assistance.
    A

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    MyBackup Pro can back up a tonne of things, including apps + app data, without root access.

The free trial is only for 30 days though, so you need to make sure you'll get the new phone within that time.

3. arabbadot

arabbadot New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Thanks xyro.
    I managed to download it and then my phone reverted to its on-off routine. Grrrr. will keep trying.
    A

4. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    If you had your phone set to backup to the "cloud" it will re-download your apps. My Droid has done this several times after doing a reset.

arabbadot likes this.
  5. arabbadot

arabbadot New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    I tried Mybackup a suggested but I have lost everything I wanted to keep as the program will not work on the new phone.........unless I buy the pro version....talk about being held to ransom.