1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Transfer over original picture file names

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joekg, Jul 23, 2011.

1. joekg

joekg Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Just got my new 4G (love it), got a 16 gb micro SD card and brought over my music (went perfectly using Doubletwist) and my pictures (not so perfect). While I could get the pictures over, when I lauched Gallery there were my 3000 pictures but no file organization from my computer files. Short of building them all over again into files, how can I have my pictures organized on Gallery based on their computer organization? The files transferred over properly when I did this with my iTouch a few years ago. I hooked up my phone and set it to use as a drive and moved over picture files from my c drive to the phone drive. The files showed up with the pictures but when I open the file the pictures have to appear one by one (I assume the gallery program is pulling them fresh off my card each time I view them.) There must be a better way!

Advertisement

2. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    I am guessing that the pictures on your computer are sorted by either NAME or DATE TAKEN. It looks like the gallery is set up to sort by DATE MODIFIED. I am unable to see how you would be able to sort the photos any other way inside of the gallery app. There is probably an app on the market that lets you sort by date taken or name.

Tags: