1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TRANSFER PHOTOS TO PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jim Tibbetts, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Jim Tibbetts

Jim Tibbetts Lurker

All attempts to move (not copy) photos from phone to Win 10 PC have failed, PC will not detect/recognize my Moto g(7). I have rebooted both phone and PC, and tried multiple cables and USB ports. At least one of my cables is rated for data transfer (not just charging).

Plugging in the phone provokes no response from the phone, e.g. asking if data is to be transferred; no request for a password, etc. My PC displays a message say “Something went wrong. We’re having trouble accessing items on the device…”

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Why rely on that?
    Use Google photos on your mobile device, let it backup everything, and simply login to your Google account on your computer using a browser.
    Go to photos.google.com and there they be!

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Dannydet, ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, that sounds like Windows, It usually tells you that something went wrong or that it can't complete something, but doesn't give any useful diagnostic information. I use Linux and MacOS here, not Windows.

Suggest you try transferring the pics wirelessly, using something like AirDroid. .

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What if you enable developer options and set the default connection type to file transfer (so you don't rely on anything asking you whether to enable that when you plug the phone in - though it should still ask whether you want to authorise transfers to that particular computer the first time you do it).

Dannydet likes this.
  6. baizhou

baizhou Well-Known Member

If your phone can not be detected by your computer via USB cable, try to copy photos via WiFi or BlueTooth transfer. About WiFi Transfer, you need a third-party program like Coolmuster Android Backup Manager, which supports WiFi Transfer. Its free backup function can help you copy all photos on your phone to the computer via WiFi Transfer. Just have a try and good luck to you.

Moto G(7) Power Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews