1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Transfer SD to SD

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by madspec, Mar 20, 2016.

1. madspec

madspec Lurker
    None

Nov 10, 2012
    Male
    Mechanical Engineer
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Hi,

Just got the S7 and I had a spare 64gb micro SD card so I installed it. Now, thing is I tranfered all the apps that let me transfer to sd card and I want to put a 128gb card in there instead.

If I copy the 64Gb card and transfer it to the new 128gb card, are the apps still going to work ? Do I have to do something special before hand or it's only drag and drop ?

Thanks !

Advertisement

2. madspec

madspec Lurker
    None

Nov 10, 2012
    Male
    Mechanical Engineer
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Ho ok :(

Thanks !

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Not really. Just move them back to internal memory, then replace SD card, then move them off again.

4. peterh337

peterh337 Android Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2015
    Male
    If you can copy the old SD card to the new SD card, and do it exactly i.e. replicating the directory (folder) structure, then the new card will work fine.

You could do it via the internal filespace (as suggested above) or via your PC if you get a micro-SD reader for it (USB).

Or you could connect a micro-SD USB reader and connect that to the phone (via an OTG cable), put the new card into that, and drag/drop everything :) That is the best way because you don't need to worry about overflowing the internal filespace.

(On my S6, I cannot get anything to connect to the USB port, but since it works fine on a Samsung T70x tablet, I reckon my S6 has a broken USB port)

psionandy likes this.