1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Transfer to new Android phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roger Cordrey, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Roger Cordrey

Roger Cordrey Newbie

I am planning to replace my Samsung S5 with a new Android 9 or 10 smartphone, but am not looking forward to having to re-install all the apps and settings!. Is there any way to transfer all the apps and settings from this Android 6.0.1 device to the new phone (e.g. Moto G7 Power)?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Most phones come with "transfer" apps these days. I found that worked well for my wife's last phone, didn't work at all for mine. No experience of Moto's version.

Backup apps such as Helium can also be used (back up to computer, restore to new phone).

If you have the option for Google to save app settings enabled then there is a way to make this restore to a new phone. Contacts, calendars should just sync when you sign in (assuming they were synced in the first place).

Not all settings will transfer because it's a different phone running different software, so they won't all be compatible.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

tube517 likes this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

5. Roger Cordrey

Roger Cordrey Newbie

I had already tried Samsung Smart Switch, but as #4 says, will not work with Moto G7. Helium is new to me, but I will try it and see. Many thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews