1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

transfer upgrades when both don't have data?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by ggamannom, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ggamannom

ggamannom Newbie

Hi,

i have three phones on my family plan: 1 with data plan (line 1), 2 without (line 2,3). the only line eligible for an upgrade as of now is the one without the data plan (line 3).

i wanted to upgrade line 2 to a Galaxy Nexus whenever it does come out, but the "transfer data" option on verizonwireless.com has seemed to disappear out of nowhere?? I call and the cs rep tells me I would have to upgrade on phone 3 and activate the phone on line 2.

Now, when i do upgrade (let's say online) i would have to purchase a data package and since i'm upgrading on line 3, i would have to add the data package to that line since i would be getting a smartphone. The problem is i want the data package on line 2 and not 3. Would i be able to just cancel the data plan on line 3 without having to pay for it that month or would i have to pay $30 for adding the data on line 3 and another $30 for adding data on line 2 which didn't previously have a data plan?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dCoder

dCoder Newbie

On the verizonwireless website you can give (transfer) the upgrade from one line (3 in your case) to another (2) then upgrade line 2 and you're all set. I have 5 lines on my family plan and we have done that several times.