1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Transfer video podcasts to phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sushifor5, Sep 20, 2011.

1. sushifor5

sushifor5 Android Enthusiast

Can I transfer my video podcasts from my computer's itunes to my Optimus V? If so, how would I do that and how would I store them and play them on the phone?

TIA!

Advertisement

2. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Check out QQPlayer for playback.

To get them there, you can connect your Optmius to your computer via USB or you can use dropbox (sign up with this link and we both get 256 megs of extra space http://db.tt/rv65oFX ), which allows you to sync files on your computer with files on your phone. There are also FTP and bluetooth options (none of which I've explored) and email (depending on the size of the files).

sushifor5 likes this.
  3. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

Also Tonido for fetching files from your PC over wi-fi or 3G.

I don't think I've connected via USB since I've gotten this app. Eating lunch at a restaurant and want to see some info that's on your home PC? Just fetch it on the spot. You get a permanent URL for your PC and login/password. Also useful for PC-to-PC access.

One minor caveat (though I've only made minimum effort to investigate this, so suspect it's user ignorance): I haven't figured out how to get the file downloaded to where I want it. It goes to the Tonido folder, and then I have to move it (e.g., to the "Videos" folder in your case) using a file explorer app, because it gets deleted upon the next download.

Tags: