• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfering music to GNex

0837s

Oct 19, 2009
I got a Samsung GNex a few weeks after having some problems with the Rezound that I had prior.

I'm attempting to transfer music over from my laptop over to my GNex. The music is in iTunes.

When I plug the GNex into the computer, via the micro USB, it does not show up in "my computer" like the Rezound would, so I can't just drag and drop music from iTunes over to the phone (which should be showing in the My Comptuer menu).

This is just one of several frustrations with this phone. I'm hoping for an awesome Verizon Android phone on the horizon soon!

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance!

Upload all your music to Google Music. Then there's nothing to "transfer." It will all just magically be available form your phone.

Yes. Just make sure make music available offline when your on your home WiFi. So it downloads to your phone if your on tiered data. Google Music eats data pretty quickly.

Granted, if you have a different music app you want to use, this info is probably useless to you.

Upvote 0
Another sidenote...
Ive read of data transfer being only possible with the charger that came with the phone.

To clear things up, i hope your connection from phone to computer is with the official samsung galaxy nexus cable. Make sure its connected as media device. Not sure if toggling usb debug has anything to do with it as well.

Good luck, keep us posted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones